The Council for Sustainable Florida is seeking applicants for its annual Sustainable Florida Best Practices Awards.
Tallahassee, Florida, Feb. 14 - /EWire/ -- The Council advances the vision of sustainability by identifying and supporting individuals, businesses and other ogranizations that protect and preserve Florida's environment for the future while building markets for Florida's businesses.
The 2006 Award categories include:
• Sustainable Florida Small Business Award
• Sustainable Florida Large Business Award
• Sustainable Florida Governmental Award
• Sustainable Florida Non-Profit Award
• WCI Green Building Award
• Business Partnership Award
• Hurricane Heroic Award for a Sustainable Florida
A blue ribbon panel of leaders in government, business, civic and environmental organizations, and academic institutions will evaluate the nominees. Winners will be recognized at a formal ceremony June 12, 2006 and honored for their achievements by the Governor and Cabinet on June 13.
For more information:
Danielle Foster 850.219.0082 ext.104